Your interest in and overwhelmingly positive response to our volunteer-led, not-for-profit Community Cafe project when we presented at your AGM was much appreciated. Since we met, we have been busy:
- We have secured £35,000 from the Enfield Residents Priority Fund to finance our start-up: Refurbishment, stock, volunteer training etc.
- We have hosted three successful community engagement events - a community drop-in in June, a picnic in July and then a cake-stall at our site at the Palmers Green Community Festival where we signed up another 50 supporters.
- On 5th September, Enfield Council invited expressions of interest for the provision of a community facility in the park. This is an exciting but nerve-wracking milestone.
The invitation has only gone out because of the momentum our project has generated, and participation in a transparent process and a successful outcome will give us a very secure foundation. However, we are aware that this process also opens up a number of risks and unknowns, so your continued support and faith in the Palmers Greenery at this time is absolutely critical.
We're now aiming for an early 2013 'launch' so are working hard to to maintain momentum. We would be delighted if you were able to join us on any or all of:
- Facebook: Please find our page 'Palmers Greenery: A Community Cafe for Broomfield Park' and like it to spread the word
- Cafe Working Group brainstorm: Tuesday 11th September (8-9.30pm - Ruth Winston Centre, 190 Green Lanes, Palmers Green N13)
- Cakes Working Group brainstorm: Tuesday 18th September (8-9.30pm - Ruth Winston Centre, 190 Green Lanes, Palmers Green N13)
Park Users and Community Survey
We hope that this is a useful update on where we are. This is such an exciting initiative that will be great for Broomfield Park and the wider Palmers Green area but will depend heavily on as many people as possible getting involved as they can. Please spread the word amongst your friends, family and others who you think would like to get involved - the more, the merrier.
Please contact email@example.com for any further information.