Broomfield Home-Owners and Residents Association Half Yearly Meeting
Time: Tuesday 2nd October 2012 from 7.30 - 8.45pm
Location: Broomfield School, Wilmer Way, N14
Objectives of the scheme
The scheme will introduce a predominantly two-lane dual carriageway with widened junctions. Its main objectives are to:
- Improve the safety of all road users by reducing the number and severity of accidents
- Provide better crossing facilities for pedestrians
- Encourage cycling and walking in the area
- Increase the use of public transport by improving bus services
- Protect and improve the local environment
- Reduce ‘rat-running’ on side roads
As a local community do we think it has achieved all or any of these objectives and where is there room for improvement. We hope that our local councillors will be at the meeting and they will be able to take back to TfL our thoughts, ideas and concerns. Have a look at our BHORA facebook page to understand the concerns some residents have who live on and just off Telford Road.
Secondly we will also have a short discussion looking at what we want from a residents association. There's a whole host of things we could be doing and getting involved with but what do you think? We are aware that the committee always sets the agenda for meetings but we need to open this out so when it gets closer to the AGM we will be asking for agenda items.
We hope to see you at the meeting on the 2nd but if you can't make it but you have got ideas to contribute to the discussion then please contact us.